Sunday, September 20, 2009

hidden profile

So I have a friend who is on an online dating site but she hid her profile which I know people do sometimes. You get discouraged with stupid emails, not-so-attractive wanna be suitors, ridiculous winks and designated suitors (by the site) who you wouldn't be caught dead with (I'm sure they are kind, wonderful people).

But I have already paid for 6 months so I am going to get my monies worth. I'm by no means successfully dating or even speaking with any spectacular possibility... but you just can't make this stuff up and if nothing else it is the best entertainment ever.

Today I scrolled through my possible love interests and had the best laugh!

A 60 year old man literally on a horse with a cowboy hat on at least 500 miles away.
A man with candycanes hanging from his ears.
A gentleman who looks frightened -whose profile name is "Octomom Taken"
The nerdy-est man I have ever seen in my life with a pocket protector, glasses - standing in front of filing cabinets (I guess he's a professional man)
A guy whose profile name indicates he's in Havasu but he lives in LA
Somebody who claims to be a "Man of Mystery"
A Mr. Bean look-a-like whose profile namen is "Not Taken" - I can't imagine why...
And then there are people I don't even want to talk about because I think they might be "special" and I know my ticket to HELL would be on overnight delivery.

It might not be what they intend, what I paid for or what I hoped for. But it's something... and it's damn funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment